Email Cover Letter & Resume to Vic Conrad, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Act Fund Internship
Next Act Fund is an angel investment fund comprised of 60 investors (majority women), who are committed to funding early stage women-owned/led companies. Next Act Fund (NAF) helps women grow their personal wealth, and educates women in this asset class, thereby positively impacting women, the region and the nation.
NAF’s Investment Committee will vet investments by conducting initial diligence, interviews, and screenings, with a particular emphasis on regional and women-owned and women-led companies. If members vote to move the company into formal diligence, a team will be formed to conduct the due diligence.
DESCRIPTION OF INTERNSHIP:
The internship will be unpaid and will typically be for the summer/one semester.
Ideally, internships will be awarded to students enrolled in or recently graduated from an academic program in Marketing, Sales, Business, Finance, Bio Medical, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Sciences, Data Analytics, or other similar programs at accredited universities in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania region. NAF encourages those who are interested in investing and/or research to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to Vic Conrad, email@example.com.
There is no entitlement to, nor should there be any expectation of, a job following the conclusion of the internship.
The Primary focus of an intern at Next Act Fund, LLC (NAF) is to support the general Deal Flow process while being trained and mentored by the Investment Committee and Due Diligence Team Leads and learning about the diligence and investment process. Other projects may apply as needed by NAF’s President, Yvonne Campos.
The time anticipated will range from 5 hours per week to 10 hours per week, and will vary with the activity of the committees and the amount of special projects in the queue.
The intern’s education and school responsibilities are to be of primary concern at all times. Classes and school activities take priority to NAF activities.
- Work with the Due Diligence Team Leads to assist in the due diligence activities; complete research, prepare written reports/summaries, etc. as requested by the Committee members.
- Gain an understanding and knowledge of the diligence and investment process.
- Attend and participate in the periodic screening meeting; participate in the periodic deal evaluation conference calls.
- Attend the periodic Deal Flow calls if class schedule permits.
- Attend the NAF monthly investor meetings and assist the Administrative Assistant with meeting activities (handouts, deal feedback sheets, etc.).
- Participate in sourcing Deal Flow: attend tech demos and entrepreneurial events in the region. Become acquainted with major entrepreneurial support organizations within the community; build a positive working relationship with these organizations.Assist with special projects for operations of the angel investor group; these will be assigned on an as needed basis.