3-4 pm: Educational Session
Follow-On Funding: A Round Table
Discussion led by: Vic Conrad, Will Frederick, Gina Kallick
1. Before July 19th.... Please watch the ACA webinar entitled Making Second Check Decisions is Tougher Than Initial Check Ones, and More Important. Write down your comments, thoughts, and questions (Speaker John Huston, Ohio TechAngel Funds). Access the webinar using this link. We will not be watching the webinar during the meeting, so it's important that you watch it prior to attending.
2. Then join us for a round table discussion on the financial and philosophical implications of Follow-On Funding on July 19th.
Discussion Topics will include:
- What does it mean to leverage an existing investment with follow-on investing at pro-rata vs. the upside in return multiple without follow-on investing?
- What does it mean to keep “Dry Powder” and how much do you really need?
- What are the cognitive biases to be aware of when considering a Follow-On Round
- When to stick with a Company vs. when to walk away
4-6 pm: Company Pitches/Member Votes
Screening Meeting Format:
- Each company will have 15 minutes to present followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
- Investment Committee members will then have 10 minutes of private discussion about the company and individual voting on next steps for the company.
- Wrap-up will include sharing of the voting results for the companies and next steps.
All Next Act Fund Members, as well as guests, are welcome to attend.
Guests/Non-Members must RSVP via this link.